R&B Challenge Official Grading Rules
1. Exercise Form- There is a total possibility of thirty points to be earned by each team for the exercise form grading component. Each team consists of two people. Each team will perform a series of three exercises (the exercise routine) in the exact same order as the Bryan and Rachel sample video (the R&B sample exercise routine is available here). Each exercise is collectively worth ten points (five points per person per exercise). If either person fails to maintain correct form in any workout during any of the series of exercises (as judged by Bryan and Rachel), the person will lose a point for his or her team for each exercise repetition without correct form.
1. 10 total (5 per hand) Plank Hand Claps
2. 5 Legs-Interlocked Legs Sit Ups with Alternating Cross Body Shin Taps
3. 5 Wheelbarrow Push-up/Squat Combo
WATCH SAMPLE WORKOUT VIDEO HERE.
2. Exercise Speed- The team’s cutoff time for the exercise portion is forty seconds. If the team performs the exercise routine in exactly forty seconds, the team receives one point. For each second under the forty-second cutoff time, the team will receive one extra point. For each second over the forty-second cut off, the team will lose a point.
3. Dance Component- There is a total of twenty-five available points for the dance component.
The dance component of the contest immediately begins once the team completes the workout routine. The team’s dance routine must last a minimum of ten seconds from start to finish. Rachel and Bryan will judge the dance routine based on creativity (five points), originality (five points), humor (five points), synchronization to the beat of a RnB song (five points), and teamwork (five points).
*Friendly note, Bryan and Rachel’s sit-up with kiss was not part of the exercise routine but rather part of their dance routine!
4. Popularity (Fan Voting)- Once the highest five scoring videos are posted to @thebryanabasolo Instagram page (per scoring based on exercise form, exercise speed, and dance component) on October 27, 2018, 9:00 am PST fan voting will begin and last until October 28, 2018, 11:59 pm PST, which will determine the popularity score for each video. Each video posted will have an identifying number. Each team will earn one point for each Instagram username that writes the corresponding identifying number into the comments section. Each Instagram username is allowed only one vote, but nothing prevents a team from tagging other friends to vote in favor of the team’s video.
On October 31, 2018, the team’s with the highest cumulative scores for their videos will be announced, as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! However, if any teams tie for first, second, or third place, those teams will be subject to the Tie Breaker Criteria (see below). Any tying teams that are notified (October 29, 2018 at 12:00 pm PST) of the tie and fail to comply with requirements of the Tie Breaker Criteria by October 30, 2018, 11:59 pm PST will be disqualified from the R&B Challenge.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In the event of a tie for first, second, or third place, the winner will be determined by a DANCE OFF! The tying teams will each submit a new, second video displaying a dance routine. The dance routine has no specific time limit and will be judged by Rachel and Bryan on creativity (five points), originality (5 points), humor (5 points), synchronization to the beat of a NEW RnB song (5 points), and team work (5 points)! Bryan will notify any tying teams via the email address submitted (October 29, 2018 at 12:00 pm PST) by that team of the team’s requirement to engage in the Tie Breaker Criteria! Each tying team must submit its tie breaker video via the submission portal on drbryanabasolo.com no later than October 30th, 11:59 pm PST. Failure to timely submit a video will disqualify that tying team from the challenge altogether. Don’t be late! People want to know who wins by Halloween!
Winning teams will be notified via email, along with being provided with any necessary documents/waivers/releases, at the email addresses submitted by the team; and no teams shall be considered a winner, eligible for claiming of any prize, until all necessary proofs of documents requested are received by Bryan Abasolo from both members of the team. All rights reserved.